Abacus Vehicle Hire is a successfully growing company focused on providing the very best in vehicle rental to both corporate and private customers. We run all types of vehicles such as Cars, Minibuses, Vans, Lorries and Motorhomes from 2 depots located in Ferndown and Andover and pride ourselves on the service we provide.
We are currently recruiting for a VEHICLE VALETER to join our existing team at our depot in Ferndown.
Your main duties will be to prepare vehicles for daily hire. This will include:
- Cleaning internally and externally to the required standard
- Checking and adjusting fluid levels
- Checking and repairing minor defects such as bulbs, windscreen wipers, etc.
- Checking and reporting major defects such as tyres, damage etc.
During busy periods you may be required to help with the delivery and collection of vehicles from customer premises. This will include:
- Deliver and collect rental vehicles from customer’s premises over varying distances within the UK
- Accurately check the vehicle at handover/takeover for any damage or defects
- Accurately complete the handover/takeover documentation
- Demonstrate the use of the vehicle
At all times you will be expected to:
- Be clean and tidy in your appearance and daily work
- Maintain high standards of work
- Be familiar with safety standards and the operation of all vehicle types
- Drive and operate the vehicles in a safe and conscientious manner
- Be a team player with an outstanding attention for detail
This is a physically demanding job in a multi task, fast moving environment, suited to someone who doesn’t mind rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in. Experience of working within the vehicle rental industry, especially as a valeter would be preferred but full training will be given to the right person.
Working hours are Monday ‐ Friday 07:30 to 18:00, plus Saturday’s on a rota basis. The flexibility to work the occasional Sunday, Bank Holiday or overtime is also required. This will be given back as time off in lieu.
Start pay is £7.25 per hour and holidays start at 21 days per year plus 8 days bank holidays. Full uniform will be provided.
Due to the nature of the business and our insurance restrictions you must be over 23 years old with a full UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points. A category C1 driving licence would be an advantage.
Previous applicants need not apply.