European Flag

Temporary changes to EU Hire

It is with the deepest regret that due to the ever-changing restrictions towards EU Travel, we must announce that with immediate effect we will not be allowing our vehicles to travel outside of the UK until further notice. If you already have a reservation, we will be contacting you shortly to discuss your options. We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.

Abacus specialise in supplying modern compliant vehicles for travel into Europe.

Our vehicles are permitted to travel through most European countries which include:

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Holland
  • Hungary
  • Ireland (Southern)
  • Italy
  • Liechenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland

Our pricing structure includes:

  • Breakdown Cover
  • Green Card
  • Hire Charges
  • Insurance
  • Mileage
  • VE103B form

We can also supply European Travel Kits which include the following. Extra items can be purchased individually in our depots.

  • Accident Form
  • Bulbs
  • Carry Bag
  • First Aid Kit
  • Fuses
  • GB Sticker
  • Headlight Adjusters
  • High Viz Vest
  • Warning Triangle

Abacus are not an authority on driving in the EU and cannot be held responsible for any fines or penalties imposed, so it is the Hirer’s responsibility to check what extra paperwork, documentation and equipment is required to drive through each country as they may differ from one to the other. For example in France it is compulsory to carry one Warning Triangle and one High Visibility Vest whereas in Spain it is compulsory to carry a High Visibility Vest for each person in the vehicle and two Warning Triangles.

France has recently introduced the vehicle specific CRIT’Air Clean Air Sticker which should be displayed on your vehicle if you drive through Paris, Lyon or Grenoble. Abacus can apply for the sticker on your behalf but must be given at least 7 days notice.

The following websites may help you with country specific requirements, equipment and advise, but ultimately it is up to you to choose where you gain the information required: